Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The 300:

The Flower will be playing his 300th game tonight against the Washing Crapitals and I think he thinks it's cool. He didn't say much about it, so it's hard to tell. During a Game-Day interview with Caitlin Kasunich at PP.com, all he would say is "It's a little weird, I have played so much. I'm pretty proud of it". Let's review: 7 years 299 games (so far), 17,020 minutes played, a record of  147-105-2, a GAA of  282, and a Save Percentage of .907. Yeah, you could probably find something in there to be proud of.... if you looked hard enough.I'm pretty sure that doesn't even count the 49 play-off games, where his GAA is down and his S% is up. Oh, and let's not forget 2 finals apperances and a Stanley Cup ring.  Yeah, I don't think you need to hide your face in shame at the family reunions Marc.

This guy has played 20,000 minutes of NHL hockey (20,005 actually). I don't think I've done twenty thousand minutes of anything. Well, not anything I want anyone to know about anyway.
Here he is, 299 games ago, just getting his Fighting Flightless Fowl Jersey (couldn't find an 'F' that would fit).  More to come after the game.....

I hate those guys.....

2 comments:

Sunshine36616 said...

Ouch, that didn't go how he'd hoped his 300 would.

stagerat said...

in technical terms... that one sucked